Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

lolCainFollow

#302 Nov 29 2011 at 4:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,619 posts
So this scumbag was the GOP's best shot at beating Obama?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#303 Nov 30 2011 at 7:16 AM Rating: Excellent
varusword75 wrote:
Joph,

I knew the media would do everything in their power to destroy a black conservative. No surprise there.
Yeah, the media just hated Colin Powell. I mean, they more or less fawned over him, but I'm pretty sure it was all an elaborate attempt to destroy him.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#304 Nov 30 2011 at 7:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,405 posts
Jophiel wrote:
CBS News wrote:
Lori Klein, an Arizona state Senator and Cain's Arizona state chairman, told CBS News she stands by Cain.

She says she has known him for 12 years and he's "never been anything but a gentlemen - and I am not an unattractive woman."

Smiley: laugh



Fixed that for her.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#305 Nov 30 2011 at 7:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I don't remember the media tearing down Condi and that woman was about as capable at her job as a goat.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#306 Nov 30 2011 at 7:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,916 posts
Debalic wrote:
So this scumbag was the GOP's best shot at beating Obama?

Nope; the GOP's best shot at beating Obama has always been and will continue to be Mitt Romney. He's the only one able to garner at least some popular support outside the GOP. The GOP just doesn't like him much, so they hem and haw over every other candidate (besides Ron Paul), but will finally have to settle for him.
____________________________
Volunteer News Writer for the ZAM Network.
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#307 Nov 30 2011 at 7:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,818 posts
Varus, why would you want the media to not report stuff about a man running for president?

____________________________
LOOK here.
#308 Nov 30 2011 at 7:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
While I believe it will ultimately be Romney, Gingrich is doing well enough in Iowa, New Hampshire and S. Carolina to make this a prolonged nomination fight. Don't forget we only have a month and a few days before the first primary.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#309 Nov 30 2011 at 8:15 AM Rating: Excellent
******
41,284 posts
Debalic wrote:
So this scumbag was the GOP's best shot at beating Obama?
For like a week.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#310 Nov 30 2011 at 8:21 AM Rating: Excellent
I fully support either him or Newt getting the nomination at this point.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#311 Nov 30 2011 at 9:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
Oh, one of Blago's cronies. Now I vaguely remember.

Dear politicians: Sitting down with major newspapers and letting them grill you for a few hours until they're satisfied you're telling the truth is good policy. Sound bites will only get you in trouble.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#312 Nov 30 2011 at 10:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,613 posts
catwho wrote:
Dear politicians: Sitting down with major newspapers and letting them grill you for a few hours until they're satisfied you're telling the truth is good policy.
Only in theory.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#313 Nov 30 2011 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
catwho wrote:
Dear politicians: Sitting down with major newspapers and letting them grill you for a few hours until they're satisfied you're telling the truth is good policy.
Only in theory.


Good point. If you're actually lying and/or you've got the communication skills of Rick "vote for me when you turn 21" Perry, it's probably bad policy.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#314 Nov 30 2011 at 10:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,613 posts
Or if the media you're speaking to is polar opposite to you, then no matter what you say, they'll skew it to evil. Alternatively, if the media you're speaking to is too aligned, they won't drill deep enough to make it worthwhile.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#315varusword75, Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 11:14 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Joph,
#316 Nov 30 2011 at 11:20 AM Rating: Excellent
******
41,284 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
I vividly remember
You don't even know current events in your own backyard or sporting events you say you were the star of and yet you expect anyone to believe you remember something that you didn't even read about? It is to laugh.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#317 Nov 30 2011 at 11:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,818 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Joph,

Quote:
I don't remember the media tearing down Condi


By choice I assure you. I vividly remember every single news source parrott the mantra that she was W's whipping boy/girl and the only reason she got the job was her looks.

Her looks? Do you really expect us to believe that?

____________________________
LOOK here.
#318 Nov 30 2011 at 11:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
10,400 posts
Elinda wrote:
varusword75 wrote:
Joph,

Quote:
I don't remember the media tearing down Condi


By choice I assure you. I vividly remember every single news source parrott the mantra that she was W's whipping boy/girl and the only reason she got the job was her looks.

Her looks? Do you really expect us to believe that?



Gaddafi is rolling over in his grave.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#319 Nov 30 2011 at 11:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
varusword75 wrote:
By choice I assure you. I vividly remember every single news source parrott the mantra that she was W's whipping boy/girl and the only reason she got the job was her looks.

You've... never... seen her.. have you?

Quote:
You're still perpetuating that myth on by comparing her abilities to that of a goat.

She might beat a goat in the tin can eating competition, I'll grant you that.

Quote:
I dare you to compare Condi's academic achievments to big ear barry's.

Not that I'd worried about doing so but wouldn't it make more sense to compare her to Madam Secretary Clinton?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#320varusword75, Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 1:48 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Joph,
#321 Nov 30 2011 at 1:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
Condi is a solid academic but she was uncomfortable in the world of politics which is why she got the hell out while she could. Clinton and Obama both love politics and are happy to be in that sphere.

While Condi's achievements are impressive, her decision to insulate herself away from geopolitics after her stint as Secretary means that she's not really relevant any more. If she was running for office someplace, then yeah, comparing her record to Obama would have some meaning. But she's not. She was happy to return to the ivory tower of academia.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#322 Nov 30 2011 at 2:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
catwho wrote:
Condi is a solid academic but she was uncomfortable in the world of politics which is why she got the hell out while she could.

True enough. Her academic credentials were good. Her ability to function as the chief diplomat and foreign policy adviser for the United States of America was absolute shit.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#323gbaji, Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 3:09 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You have an incredibly bad memory then.
#324 Nov 30 2011 at 3:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Yeah, Varus said the same thing. Maybe you have a better view than I do from your cross Smiley: grin

That said, if the media did tear her down, she deserved it.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#325 Nov 30 2011 at 3:16 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,284 posts
Jophiel wrote:
catwho wrote:
Condi is a solid academic but she was uncomfortable in the world of politics which is why she got the hell out while she could.
True enough. Her academic credentials were good.
Which is weird, in the sense that it isn't weird but humorous. varus hates academia and all things related.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#326 Nov 30 2011 at 3:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
Shhhhh no one tell him she was a *gasp* provost.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#327gbaji, Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 4:09 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Why? Because she was black, female, and conservative? And by "tearing her down", I assume you approve of a political cartoon depicting her as a house negro complete with nappy hair, no shoes, speaking stereotypically bad English, and eating corn on the cob (or watermelon, don't remember which)? And I assume you see no double standard when the bulk of the liberal organizations who would normally raise a stinkstorm over something like that just turned away and remained silent? I'm not a fan of political correctness, but if that's your thing you should really be consistent about it (and no, I'm not talking about *you* personally). The idea that for some, racism is now not just defined within the context of race itself, but apparently also political affiliation is just icing on the hypocrisy cake.
#328 Nov 30 2011 at 4:14 PM Rating: Excellent
So, disapproving of the job she did is the same to you as someone making a racist cartoon of her? Uh huh...
____________________________
Come on Bill, let's go home
[ffxisig]63311[/ffxisig]
#329 Nov 30 2011 at 4:21 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
30,867 posts
Technogeek wrote:
So, disapproving of the job she did is the same to you as someone making a racist cartoon of her? Uh huh...


Huh!? That's some warped thought process you've got going on here. Um... No, racist cartoons of her are an example of the "media tearing her down".
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#330 Nov 30 2011 at 4:23 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,284 posts
Technogeek wrote:
So, disapproving of the job she did is the same to you as someone making a racist cartoon of her? Uh huh...
You've really gotta scrap at the bottom of the barrel to take political cartoons serious. Not like there aren't ones of Obama being portrayed as a suicide bomber.

Edited, Nov 30th 2011 5:24pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#331 Nov 30 2011 at 4:26 PM Rating: Excellent
gbaji wrote:
Technogeek wrote:
So, disapproving of the job she did is the same to you as someone making a racist cartoon of her? Uh huh...


Huh!? That's some warped thought process you've got going on here. Um... No, racist cartoons of her are an example of the "media tearing her down".


Uh huh... Got a link? An example? I don't recall this cartoon of yours, but it seems heavy in your mind.

And you're the one that build the "racist cartoon = tearing someone down" link, not me.
____________________________
Come on Bill, let's go home
[ffxisig]63311[/ffxisig]
#332gbaji, Posted: Nov 30 2011 at 4:39 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) 1. I suspect there's a difference between a local SC newspaper and the NYT and Washington Post in terms of scope and whatnot.
#333 Nov 30 2011 at 4:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Technogeek wrote:
So, disapproving of the job she did is the same to you as someone making a racist cartoon of her? Uh huh...


gbaji wrote:
Huh!? That's some warped thought process you've got going on here. Um... No, racist cartoons of her are an example of the "media tearing her down".


gbaji wrote:
I assume you approve of ...(racist cartoon)


Who's got the warped thought process here?


____________________________
gbaji wrote:
I'm smarter then you. I know how to think. I've been trained in critical thinking instead of blindly parroting what I've been told.
#334 Nov 30 2011 at 4:44 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,284 posts
gbaji wrote:
The cartoon you linked is clearly listing Obama policies and labeling them as political suicide.
Yeah, it has nothing to do with him being Muslim. I'm sure you could find someone stupider than you to believe that, but it won't be here. Smiley: laugh

Edit: Edit is where you go back to add, delete, or change things. I know you have a hard time with these things ...
gbaji wrote:
1. I suspect there's a difference between a local SC newspaper and the NYT and Washington Post in terms of scope and whatnot.

2. There's also a huge difference between simply portraying someone stereotypically based on their race (and nothing else) and lampooning their actions.
Just to see you continue to prove me right in just how stupid you are, here's one from the New York Times depicting Obama as a chimp. Your predictable reply is going to state that it isn't Obama.

Edit2: That means this is the second edit. Don't say I don't try to help the mentally disabled.

My point is: lolpolitical cartoons. That simple enough for you to understand? Do I need to point out that "lol" stands for "laugh out loud," and is generally used as a quick means to imply great mirth?

Edited, Nov 30th 2011 5:56pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#335 Nov 30 2011 at 5:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Why? Because she was black, female, and conservative?

Because she was at best ineffective and, at worst, incompetent. But great work diving for the race AND gender card Smiley: laugh

Quote:
And by "tearing her down", I assume you approve of a political cartoon depicting her as a house negro complete with nappy hair, no shoes, speaking stereotypically bad English, and eating corn on the cob (or watermelon, don't remember which)?

If you want to link to it, I'll be happy to disparage it. If you want to use it as evidence as some widespread media tear down, I assume you have more to back that up.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#336 Nov 30 2011 at 5:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,619 posts
catwho wrote:
Shhhhh no one tell him she was a *gasp* provost.

Liberal socialist whore!
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#337 Nov 30 2011 at 6:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,818 posts
gbaji wrote:

3. My point is about the inconsistency with which prominent black people (and women) are viewed by the bulk of the media based apparently solely on their political orientation.
The left leaning media makes fun of pubbies, black and white. The right leaning media makes fun of dems, black and white. That's what they do.

You're not only charging that the media is a left-wing conspiracy, as usual [:loony:], but that they're also predujice against black people, but only republican ones. Do you see how utterly stupid you look?



Edited, Dec 1st 2011 1:47am by Elinda
____________________________
LOOK here.
#338 Dec 01 2011 at 6:49 AM Rating: Excellent
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Yeah, Varus said the same thing. Maybe you have a better view than I do from your cross Smiley: grin

That said, if the media did tear her down, she deserved it.


Why? Because she was black, female, and conservative? And by "tearing her down", I assume you approve of a political cartoon depicting her as a house negro complete with nappy hair, no shoes, speaking stereotypically bad English, and eating corn on the cob (or watermelon, don't remember which)? And I assume you see no double standard when the bulk of the liberal organizations who would normally raise a stinkstorm over something like that just turned away and remained silent? I'm not a fan of political correctness, but if that's your thing you should really be consistent about it (and no, I'm not talking about *you* personally). The idea that for some, racism is now not just defined within the context of race itself, but apparently also political affiliation is just icing on the hypocrisy cake.


Technogeek wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Technogeek wrote:
So, disapproving of the job she did is the same to you as someone making a racist cartoon of her? Uh huh...


Huh!? That's some warped thought process you've got going on here. Um... No, racist cartoons of her are an example of the "media tearing her down".


Uh huh... Got a link? An example? I don't recall this cartoon of yours, but it seems heavy in your mind.

And you're the one that build the "racist cartoon = tearing someone down" link, not me.
Well, I went through 25 pages of google image search and couldn't find this comic or anything like it. I guess it's possible that it actually existed, but I'm just guessing that gbaji just made the fucking thing up.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#339 Dec 01 2011 at 7:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,916 posts
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Well, I went through 25 pages of google image search and couldn't find this comic or anything like it. I guess it's possible that it actually existed, but I'm just guessing that gbaji just made the fucking thing up.


I think he just remembered incorrectly. His original comment was:
gbaji wrote:
I assume you approve of a political cartoon depicting her as a house negro complete with nappy hair, no shoes, speaking stereotypically bad English, and eating corn on the cob (or watermelon, don't remember which)

But judging by the "The Condoleeza "gone with the wind" cartoon was just about her being black" comment, heads to tails he's referring to Jeff Danziger's "Gone with the Wind" cartoon of her:

Rice racism? gbaji think so


Note the following: first, there is no nappy hair, corn on the cob, or watermelon, which makes me think that gbaji remembered this as much more racist than it is. Feel free to armchair psychoanalyze as to why THAT would be Smiley: rolleyes. Next,
gbaji wrote:
I suspect there's a difference between a local SC newspaper and the NYT and Washington Post in terms of scope and whatnot.

Danziger worked for the LA Times, not the NY Times. If his cartoon was put there (and I can't find a record of it, but maybe it happened?), it would be as an editorial. You're welcome to find evidence of that, as I couldn't on any of Danziger's pages.
gbaji wrote:
The Condoleeza "gone with the wind" cartoon was just about her being black.

Aluminum tubes are a black thing, now I see! Smiley: nod No, the cartoon was about her not understanding an issue, and then having to correct herself. The setting of the cartoon, however, was likely picked because of her race (note: Danziger said he got the idea from an African-American friend. Not that that would make it any more appropriate). But that's definitely not "just about her being black."
gbaji wrote:
Hence my earlier comment that her biggest failure wasn't anything to do with her advice or actions, but with simply being black, female, and conservative.

I agree with Elinda here: "You're not only charging that the media is a left-wing conspiracy, as usual, but that they're also predujice against black people, but only republican ones. Do you see how utterly stupid you look?"

Edited, Dec 1st 2011 8:16am by LockeColeMA
____________________________
Volunteer News Writer for the ZAM Network.
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#340 Dec 01 2011 at 7:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Do you see how utterly stupid you look?
If he ever did, there would be a cheap apartment in Maine with a small table knocked over and a ceiling beam with 'GBAJI WAS HERE' carved into it.





Too vague of a reference?
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#341 Dec 01 2011 at 7:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,916 posts
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Quote:
Do you see how utterly stupid you look?
If he ever did, there would be a cheap apartment in Maine with a small table knocked over and a ceiling beam with 'GBAJI WAS HERE' carved into it.





Too vague of a reference?

Red was too.
____________________________
Volunteer News Writer for the ZAM Network.
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#342 Dec 01 2011 at 8:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Point (A): For sake of argument, let's say the cartoon shown above was in poor taste. I can see an argument for that. I don't think it's anywhere near what Gbaji claimed but, sure, I'll agree there's a racial component to it that folks might find off putting. That singular event doesn't show any media-wide (even among the major players) attempt to "tear down" Ms. Rice.

Point (B): Corn on the cob is "black food" now?

Point (C): If "the media" or "the Democrats" or "the liberals" actually were behind this and took down Cain before the primaries and helped clear the field for the more electable Romney (or, hell, Gingrich), they're all brain damaged. What they would have done was wait for Cain to hit the general election and then blow his electability further with the stream of allegations spaced out weeks apart to keep the story omnipresent. If anyone was behind this as a conspiracy, it would be someone with a vested interest in knocking Cain out before Iowa... say, someone who would immediately benefit from a potential front-running rival getting bad press.

But that whole crying about how the media is keeping the black conservative man down is good too, I guess.

Edited, Dec 1st 2011 8:08am by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#343 Dec 01 2011 at 8:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Point (B): Corn on the cob is "black food" now?
Everyone knows that Miles Standish and all of the Native Americans were black.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#344 Dec 01 2011 at 8:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Iowa is filled with black folk. Fo'shizzle.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#345 Dec 01 2011 at 8:37 AM Rating: Excellent
******
41,284 posts
Where all the white women at?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#346varusword75, Posted: Dec 01 2011 at 8:47 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Jophed,
#347 Dec 01 2011 at 8:48 AM Rating: Excellent
******
41,284 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
These tactics of paying women to make false accusations wouldn't work if he was already the candidate.
So we're adding tactician to the list of things you aren't qualified as.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#348 Dec 01 2011 at 8:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
varusword75 wrote:
As Stephanapolous interviews these victims of the lecherous and adulterous Hermie.

Sure. They're in the news. That's his job.

Quote:
And you liberals have good reason to fear Cain.

Obviously not Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#349 Dec 01 2011 at 1:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
So this is interesting. I was looking for an example closer to what Gbaji insisted was being published and there's two examples anyone ever talks about. One is the above cartoon. About it, the cartoonist writes:
Quote:
The cartoon in question did indeed show Ms. Rice in the role of Prissy from the classic film 'Gone with the Wind'. I have indeed apologized for the use of that imagery. The film itself was full of racist stereotypes since it was made in 1937 and was intended to amuse white viewers. But the instances in the movie are so ingrained in American culture, and indeed world culture, that I used it without full thought. I draw several hundred cartoons a year and this one was an error. Except for the right-wing bloggers in this country, seeking to score some points about liberal racism, the cartoon was unpublished, and was withdrawn by me.
(bolding mine - quote from this site)

So that's not much of a strike against the evil liberal media empire. The second is this cartoon. The argument there I suppose would be over her lips (since she's not eating corn on the cob(??) or nappy headed). If you think the mere fact that she's a parrot is racist, this is the woman who was National Security Adviser during Bush's first term and ran on board the Iraqi War Train. Still, I'm happy to call Oliphant a 'tard although we're back again to "one specific cartoon doesn't really show a media-wide effort to tear down someone (over their race)".

Edited, Dec 1st 2011 1:17pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#350 Dec 01 2011 at 1:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
*****
19,492 posts
ITT: Varrus doesn't realize that Cain peeked and fizzled and he's supposed to be defending The Newt now.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#351 Dec 01 2011 at 1:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,818 posts
varusword75 wrote:
These tactics of paying women to make false accusations .....

I'm assuming you have evidence to support this claim.
____________________________
LOOK here.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 75 All times are in CDT