Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Things we'd be talking about if the forum wasn't deadFollow

#4304 Oct 20 2017 at 8:15 AM Rating: Good
******
49,826 posts
gbaji wrote:
I'm saying that a part of the constitution doesn't mean what you seem to think it does.
It means exactly what I think it means. That there needs to be a certain bare-minimum level of experience and expertise, ie: training, and not just running out to the Ye Olde Walmarte.
gbaji wrote:
And the Supreme Court agrees with me, and not with you.
So what exactly happened to their being untrustworthy mindless black robed pawns to social engineering, Mr Consistency? Their decision at first might have seemed like a good idea, and I've certainly benefited from it, but it has, and continues to lead to a mountain of dead Americans, so as a responsible gun owner I find their judgement needs to be reviewed. Problem is it won't because even though even you understand the intent was changed you're going to pretend that "well regulated" was just pretty words that meant nothing all along.
gbaji wrote:
Why?
Because it doesn't address the issue.
gbaji wrote:
Is there a point to be made here?
Slowing escalation only works if you're working towards deescalation. In other words: Talking about giving heavier boots to people living near landmine fields and patting yourself on the back for a job well done saving lives purposefully ignores the problem while pretending to address it.
gbaji wrote:
The "all or nothing" mentality is pretty dumb.
It can't be all or nothing since "your" suggestion starts at nothing and offers less.
gbaji wrote:
And?
Just amusing how you don't care unless the pile of bodies is too high to ignore.
gbaji wrote:
Are you seriously arguing that we should not try to make bump stocks illegal?
I'm not arguing. I'm stating the fact that it's just a token gesture that doesn't address the real problem.
gbaji wrote:
Are you saying that banning bump stocks would have no effect on reality?
Seeing that even you recognize that it can't be enforced even you should understand how it won't have any effect on reality. Are you saying making bump stocks illegal would have had any effect on the mass shooting Wednesday?
gbaji wrote:
Again, I'm baffled why anyone would argue against this.
If it's so baffling for you then you should start by examining your belief that you have an argument. You don't.
gbaji wrote:
I see zero negatives to banning bump stocks, and great potential positives.
You see zero negatives because you've put zero thought into it. Again, not an argument. Just a statement of fact.

Edited, Oct 20th 2017 10:18am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#4305 Oct 20 2017 at 10:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Unemployment too high? Health care costs too high? Food shortages? Simple solution. Identify the least useful people, and have their cars drive them to the Soylent factory.
This is only an issue if you're one of the "least useful people" Smiley: wink2

Edited, Oct 20th 2017 12:02pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4306 Oct 20 2017 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,440 posts
Just popping in like always to point out how ridiculous it is that this conversation is even taking place to begin with. I don't even know what the topic is this time because I'm not reading it. I just see that gbaji is talking, a lot, and people are quoting nearly every single thing he says.

I'm noticing a disturbing trend on social media that is getting a bit out of hand... Person A. says something absurd. Person B says "hey, that's absurd, here's why" but immediately gets drowned out by hordes of mindless lemmings who may have once been otherwise normal people scream at Person B for being "biased" and unjokingly saying whatever Person B had to say is "fake news."

Apparently people are terrified of SJWs or being associated with SJWs. Apparently calling someone a SJW is the easiest way to win an argument on the internet now so long as you can come up with some hair-brained reasoning as to why the other guy sounds like one. More and more people are calling themselves "conservative" because they earnestly believe being anything else means you want to normalize pedophilia and **** trannies all day.

They scream about being oppressed (just like SJWs!) because sites like YouTube are censoring them and that their right to free speech is infringed upon. This is funny because YouTube has no obligation whatsoever to let them scream about how much they hate "n******', and seem completely unaware that the concept behind "free speech" means that the government cannot tell them what they can or can't say and that YouTube has no obligation to guarantee them free speech on their site. What's even funnier about this is how all these same people want there to be smaller government and more power for private entities (like YouTube!) which have no interest at all in protecting their precious free speech and care only about generating profit.

The number of these types of people seems to be growing either because of the way fringe "leftist" groups are sensationalized and put front and center and/or because Whining Screaming Twitter-*****-in-chief has emboldened the "silent majority" to be anything but silent, while anyone with half a brain remains silent because they know it's like talking to an aggressive little brick wall.
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#4307 Oct 20 2017 at 2:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Kuwoobie wrote:
Just popping in like always to point out how ridiculous it is that this conversation is even taking place to begin with. I don't even know what the topic is this time because I'm not reading it.

Smiley: um
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4309 Oct 20 2017 at 5:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,405 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
I don't even know what the topic is this time because I'm not reading it.

Smiley: um


Jophiel wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
because I'm not reading it.

Smiley: um


Jophiel wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
I'm not reading it.

Smiley: um

Smiley: um
Smiley: um
Smiley: um
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#4310 Oct 20 2017 at 6:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,264 posts
Man reasonably argues his disapproval over a waistband. Offender agrees he was completely utterly wrong.

Wouldn't that be nice. ******* retards everywhere and biggest ****** of all has a button that can destroy us all.
____________________________
Your soul was made of fists.

Jar the Sam
#4311 Oct 20 2017 at 7:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,405 posts
It was an armband, not a waistband.



THAT is what pedantic looks like, Gbaji.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#4312 Oct 21 2017 at 7:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Kuwoobie wrote:
Just popping in like always to point out how ridiculous it is that this conversation is even taking place to begin with. I don't even know what the topic is this time because I'm not reading it.




Edited, Oct 21st 2017 8:43am by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4315 Oct 21 2017 at 11:31 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,440 posts
angrymnk wrote:
Man reasonably argues his disapproval over a waistband. Offender agrees he was completely utterly wrong.

Wouldn't that be nice. ******* retards everywhere and biggest ****** of all has a button that can destroy us all.


I love how there's always people in the comments who point how violent "the left" is for punching a ****. Always. This is the point we've come to. There are honest to god swastika wearing, goose stepping "hail Hitler" mother ******* *****, and a good percentage of Americans now sympathize with them. I can't even believe it. It's like one of those weird dreams with flying alligators eating everyone as they casually walk around like it's just a little rain. It's like it can't possibly be real. It's like in another 4-8 years we'll have President Pee-Wee Herman, completely in-character at all times, and he's convinced his base to eat their own shit, and we'll have people sitting on the bus with hands caked with rancid fecal matter just shoveling away because we now know all the right buttons to push to get people to do and think however the **** we want them to.

Edit:

Wow. You can't even say NAZI without it being filtered now.

Edited, Oct 21st 2017 5:32pm by Kuwoobie
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#4316 Oct 21 2017 at 1:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,405 posts
Pee-Wee 2020!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#4317 Oct 21 2017 at 8:48 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,264 posts
Kuwoobie wrote:
angrymnk wrote:
Man reasonably argues his disapproval over a waistband. Offender agrees he was completely utterly wrong.

Wouldn't that be nice. ******* retards everywhere and biggest ****** of all has a button that can destroy us all.


I love how there's always people in the comments who point how violent "the left" is for punching a ****. Always. This is the point we've come to. There are honest to god swastika wearing, goose stepping "hail Hitler" mother ******* *****, and a good percentage of Americans now sympathize with them. I can't even believe it. It's like one of those weird dreams with flying alligators eating everyone as they casually walk around like it's just a little rain. It's like it can't possibly be real. It's like in another 4-8 years we'll have President Pee-Wee Herman, completely in-character at all times, and he's convinced his base to eat their own shit, and we'll have people sitting on the bus with hands caked with rancid fecal matter just shoveling away because we now know all the right buttons to push to get people to do and think however the **** we want them to.

Edit:

Wow. You can't even say NAZI without it being filtered now.

Edited, Oct 21st 2017 5:32pm by Kuwoobie


Inorite, I am Polish and now thanks to the ******** you so thoughtfully classified as "the left', I am forced to defend swastika wearing, goose stepping "hail Hitler" mother ******* ***** ( as you said ). Thank you so ******* very much.

You wanna blame someone, blame yourself.
____________________________
Your soul was made of fists.

Jar the Sam
#4318 Oct 21 2017 at 8:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,440 posts
It's so novel how you never make any sense whatsoever. Are you drunk? Do you take a lot of pills? I'm completely serious.

EDIT:

Quote:
Inorite, I am Polish and now thanks to the ******** you so thoughtfully classified as "the left', I am forced to defend swastika wearing, goose stepping "hail Hitler" mother ******* ***** ( as you said ). Thank you so ******* very much.

You wanna blame someone, blame yourself.


Ok. So I've thought about this a bit, and I'm beginning to think you simply didn't understand me. I'm thinking maybe you have some extremely low forum=10 level reading comprehension, because apparently you read something completely different from what I was saying. So I'm going to take my original comment and remove any sarcasm and break it up for you and dumb it down as much as I can, ok? Are you ready?

Here is the original:

Quote:
I love how there's always people in the comments who point how violent "the left" is for punching a ****. Always. This is the point we've come to. There are honest to god swastika wearing, goose stepping "hail Hitler" mother ******* *****, and a good percentage of Americans now sympathize with them. I can't even believe it. It's like one of those weird dreams with flying alligators eating everyone as they casually walk around like it's just a little rain. It's like it can't possibly be real. It's like in another 4-8 years we'll have President Pee-Wee Herman, completely in-character at all times, and he's convinced his base to eat their own ****, and we'll have people sitting on the bus with hands caked with rancid fecal matter just shoveling away because we now know all the right buttons to push to get people to do and think however the **** we want them to.

Edit:

Wow. You can't even say **** without it being filtered now.


I do not like how there's always people in the comments who point out who violent "the left" is for punching a nazi.

Now, just in case you're confused about what I'm talking about, here is a photograph of the comment I'm referring to from the link you provided:

https://i.gyazo.com/bcff03065fe95357bc3f902423b658ee.png

Notice how he refers to "the left" and I am referring to him. Do you see how that works? I am not agreeing with him. I am filled with lament (bad feelings) at how there are so many people who make comments like his (IAM Alexander's).

Are there any other parts in particular I need to explain? Is any of this getting through? Am I speaking a different language?

Edited, Oct 22nd 2017 3:17am by Kuwoobie
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#4319 Oct 21 2017 at 9:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,264 posts
Kuwoobie wrote:
It's so novel how you never make any sense whatsoever. Are you drunk? Do you take a lot of pills? I'm completely serious.

EDIT:

Quote:
Inorite, I am Polish and now thanks to the ******** you so thoughtfully classified as "the left', I am forced to defend swastika wearing, goose stepping "hail Hitler" mother ******* ***** ( as you said ). Thank you so ******* very much.

You wanna blame someone, blame yourself.


Ok. So I've thought about this a bit, and I'm beginning to think you simply didn't understand me. I'm thinking maybe you have some extremely low forum=10 level reading comprehension, because apparently you read something completely different from what I was saying. So I'm going to take my original comment and remove any sarcasm and break it up for you and dumb it down as much as I can, ok? Are you ready?

Here is the original:

Quote:
I love how there's always people in the comments who point how violent "the left" is for punching a ****. Always. This is the point we've come to. There are honest to god swastika wearing, goose stepping "hail Hitler" mother ******* *****, and a good percentage of Americans now sympathize with them. I can't even believe it. It's like one of those weird dreams with flying alligators eating everyone as they casually walk around like it's just a little rain. It's like it can't possibly be real. It's like in another 4-8 years we'll have President Pee-Wee Herman, completely in-character at all times, and he's convinced his base to eat their own ****, and we'll have people sitting on the bus with hands caked with rancid fecal matter just shoveling away because we now know all the right buttons to push to get people to do and think however the **** we want them to.

Edit:

Wow. You can't even say **** without it being filtered now.


I do not like how there's always people in the comments who point out who violent "the left" is for punching a nazi.

Now, just in case you're confused about what I'm talking about, here is a photograph of the comment I'm referring to from the link you provided:

https://i.gyazo.com/bcff03065fe95357bc3f902423b658ee.png

Notice how he refers to "the left" and I am referring to him. Do you see how that works? I am not agreeing with him. I am filled with lament (bad feelings) at how there are so many people who make comments like his (IAM Alexander's).

Are there any other parts in particular I need to explain? Is any of this getting through? Am I speaking a different language?

Edited, Oct 22nd 2017 3:17am by Kuwoobie


And where should I begin?

I can honestly say that I am neither drunk nor otherwise under an influence. For the record, I do not necessarily follow the internal slideshow in your brain and know the exact image you associate with a given phrase. We simply do not have the technology yet. I will add that even if we did, I am not sure I would enjoy the experience ( minor offense meant ).

I will follow this with a statement that your, dunno, rant does not, in any way, invalidate what I previously posted -- maybe it makes it a little more confusing to follow ( since it does not follow.. anything -- oooh, so that is where the non sequitur comes from! ).

Anyway, I am not sure where the disconnect is. You don't seem like a complete idiot. Please resubmit for further disapproval.
____________________________
Your soul was made of fists.

Jar the Sam
#4320 Oct 22 2017 at 9:28 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,440 posts
Honestly it is a waste of time to explain anything to you. It isn't just this last time or I wouldn't have said anything, but the last several times you've quoted me and said anything were completely nonsensical and I just rolled with it. It should have been perfectly clear when I said "in the comments", and yet, it wasn't.
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#4321 Oct 22 2017 at 9:59 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,264 posts
Kuwoobie wrote:
Honestly it is a waste of time to explain anything to you. It isn't just this last time or I wouldn't have said anything, but the last several times you've quoted me and said anything were completely nonsensical and I just rolled with it. It should have been perfectly clear when I said "in the comments", and yet, it wasn't.


From the simple fact that it was not clear, it should be obvious that it was not clear.
____________________________
Your soul was made of fists.

Jar the Sam
#4322 Oct 23 2017 at 7:18 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,826 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Pee-Wee 2020!
The one we have now already screams "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT I AM" on what seems to be a weekly basis.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#4323 Oct 23 2017 at 3:46 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,909 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Pee-Wee 2020!
The one we have now already screams "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT I AM" on what seems to be a weekly basis.
Trump seems more like Francis in that situation.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4324 Oct 24 2017 at 7:33 AM Rating: Good
******
49,826 posts
I can see that. Ill fitting clothes, perpetually angry, mouth full of goop.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#4325 Oct 24 2017 at 7:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,405 posts
Don't Copy the Work of Others
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#4326 Oct 24 2017 at 8:12 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
34,982 posts
angrymnk wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
Honestly it is a waste of time to explain anything to you. It isn't just this last time or I wouldn't have said anything, but the last several times you've quoted me and said anything were completely nonsensical and I just rolled with it. It should have been perfectly clear when I said "in the comments", and yet, it wasn't.


From the simple fact that it was not clear, it should be obvious that it was not clear.


Actually. I had no problem noodling out that he was bashing people who make the argument that those on "the left" are violent for attacking the poor harmless neo-**** on the bus.

Ironically, I'm in agreement with your response, despite it being a misunderstanding of the original intent. Those on "the left" do kinda set this thing up. Every time you fight to defend someone's right to burn a flag, or depict Jesus guzzing someone else's man juice in an art show, or any other form of offensive speech (often intentionally offensive so as to get a reaction), you're also, for good or bad, defending someone else's right to wear a swastika armband, or wear a "god hates ****" t-shirt, or any other form of equally offensive speech (also, often designed to get a reaction).

That is, if you're actually arguing the issue as a "speech is free, even if, and even especially if, it's offensive to others". The problem with the Left, is that they tend to want speech they like and which doesn't offend them to be free, while speech they don't like to not be free. Which creates a bit of an inconsistency.

I'll provide the exact same statement I made about the riots in Charlottesville. It's possible to condemn violent actions (like punching someone who does not appear to have taken any aggressive action first), while still disagreeing with the speech of the person whom the violent action was targeted. I don't find anything inconsistent about that at all. The guy with the armband was, as much as I disagree with it, still merely exercising his free speech rights. I didn't see anything in the linked article to suggest that he took a single violent action against anyone. He wore an armband and was alleged to have harassed a black man (again though, unless he threatened the person, that's also still free speech).

The guy who walked up to him and punched him committed assault. Period.

Let me be absolutely clear. I'm not defending the neo-**** guy. I'm not defending his opinions. My concern here is the growing perception by some in our society that the correct response to speech that is not liked is violence (it's what antifa is all about). And also a growing acceptance among others of the same. "he had it coming" is a terrible excuse IMO. Why is this a concern? After all, this just happened to a neo-****, right? We don't like them, right? You're not one of them, right? The problem is that once this become acceptable behavior, it creeps out of the obvious "bad people" and into "people we don't like for other/any reasons".

We already see rhetoric on the internet essentially claiming that anyone who is conservative or votes GOP is a neo-****, bigot, racist, hater, etc. See this constantly. How much of a step to say "well, that guy who just got punched had it coming, because he voted GOP, so he's a terrible person anyway"? Not much. Heck, we've already seen cases of this happen (assaults on folks for voting GOP, at least). If the guy had been wearing a Trump MAGA hat, how much different would the comments have been? I'm quite certain we'd have seen similar "he had it coming" comments, laughter about it, etc.

And yeah. That's troubling.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)