Cloak of Shades
DISCLAIMER: Your Steps and Tasks may be different
Per Patch 1.82:
- Meran the Weaver now advises players on step 3 of the Cloak of Shades Part 1 quest to search for Brownie Nomads in Salisbury Plains rather than Camp Forest.
- Players will now be asked to kill more level appropriate monsters for the Cloak of Shades Part 1 quest.
Part 1 and 2
1. Talk to the minstrel in Cotswold Village - her name is Laridia the Minstrel (sometimes you can start at step 2)
2. Talk to seamstress in Prydwen Keep - her name is Meran the Weaver and she is located along the back wall. She tells you she needs components for the Cloak of Shades. The components are found on a red adder,and a will o wisp; or a wild boar and a brownie nomad, both found in the plains. Also may ask to kill a black dog.
a. Kill a red adder (glowing snake skin) which are commonly found in Salisbury Plains. My best advice is to hunt for a red adder near West Downs because you will have to take a horse ride to the next step.
b. Kill a will o wisp which is located in Campocertin Forest. A good place to find these mobs is just east of Caer Ulfwych.
c. Wild Boar (Pristine Boars Hide) -- Plains; Brownie Nomad (Sinew) -- Camp Forest or Plains; and Black Dog -- West Downs.
5. After acquiring the components return them to Meran the Weaver in Prydwen Keep - a horse ride is the quickest way. She will send you to see Dyemaster Thrurin. Thrurin wanders the woods along the road that connects Camelot to Ludlow. He can be hard to find sometimes and you need to check both sides of the road. Talk to Thrurin. He also needs components - a container and some dye. The container is found on a Dryad.
6. Kill the red dwarf chief and recover the horn of drinking. He can be found in the valley below the bull carved into the hill. From Ludlow, cross the double bridge and immediately turn east (right). As long as you stay right of the hills and left of the water, you can't miss the dwarves. I avoided everyone and picked off the chief and a matron (yellow and blue to me at 11). Return the horn to Thrurin and he will tell you how he lost the dye to a thief. You may be asked to kill a Gray Warg. Gray Wargs can be found in the north black mountains directly west of snow station at loc 19637, 33996
7. Kill Aldous Wynedd, which is a named bandit found in the South Black Mountains. He is located on top of the hill to the east of Ludlow. The hill seems to be too high to climb but it is not. Aldous hangs out with several other named thief-types and attacking him will draw some attention from the others so be careful or have a group.
8. Return the dye to Thrurin and he will send you after some black rocks from a boulderling.
9. Go kill a boulderling or a Grumoz Demon in Camelot Hills and return to Thrurin.
(another variation someone was given: step 9 kill a black dog in sailsbury plains for patch of fur.)
10. Talk to Meran, give her the components and you will receive the Cloak of Shades.
(There are actually 13 steps to this damn quest. It took me forever and I'm a minstrel! If you want the item as a scout or infiltrator, take a minstrel or theurgist with you for the run buff. The quest will take at least an hour.)