Fortress of Storms Trial (M4T2)
DISCLAIMER: Your Steps and Tasks may be different
This is a Trial towards the forth Master Level
Per patch 1.72:
- Trial 4.2 - Battlegrouped players who are in the outer camps and forts will now receive credit for this encounter when Seti the Pharoah has been killed.
Trial:The Fortress of Storms has not been taken! This is a battlegroup encounter.
Take a 5 full groups in battlegroup.
The Fortress of Storms is protected by 3 towns, which in turn are protected by 3 camps. When you attack the Fortress of Storms, all 3 towns and 9 camps attack you. If you attack a town, the 3 camps protecting the town come to help.
So here is what you do:
1. Pick a town(any town will do). Send 1 group to clear each of the three camps. When the camps begin to clear they will catch on fire and the town will send Setian Laborers to put out the fire. Killing the Laborers will keep the fires going, and when a camp is completely on fire, Setians will not spawn.
2. When you have the 3 camps on fire, leave the groups that took them to intercept the stream of laborers coming to put out the fire. The rest of the raid attacks the town. As you clear the town, it too will also start to burn.
3. The Fortress will send waves of Laborers(like 20) to the town to try to put out the fires. Kill the laborers to keep the town on fire. When the town is completely on fire it will stop spawning. The groups keeping the outlying camps clear can leave them at that point.
4. Leave 1-2 groups(depending how large your raid is) in the conquered town to keep it clear of Laborers. The rest of the raid heads to the next town.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the other two towns.
6. When you have conquered all three towns, you shoud have 2-3 groups free. With these groups, start clearing the fortress itself. I reccommend pulling to a safe distance to avoid CFH mishaps. Like the town, the Fortress will catch on fire, the fight will rage on until the Fortress is Completely on fire and does not spawn any longer. At this point, the 3-6 groups holding the outlying towns can come to the Fortress.
7. Keep the Fortress clear with the raid and pick 2-3 groups to ascend to the Temple. Inside the temple is Seti the Pharoh and his personal guards. It is pretty straightforward from that point: kill Seti's guards, then kill Seti.