Birk One Time Drop
DISCLAIMER: Your Steps and Tasks may be different
Birk, a named Hobyah, drops some nice sleeves. He is located on an island with a lot of hobyahs. You will need to kill the hobyah in the center of the island for Birk to spawn. He only spawns at night, and is known to walk NE into the water and over to the mainland, and up the road. You do not need a loc for this. Just go to Huginfell, get a horse ticket to Svasud Faste (the gate castle to the frontier). You go right past the island in the lake just before you get there, and it is easy to run back down from the Faste. It is the only island in the lake, and has this obelisk on it. There is nothing there in the daytime, but Hobyah start showing up around 7pm (till around 6am). They usually spawn in groups of two or three, but never added on me. I just hung out in the lake, and pulled them one at a time all night. They were mostly blue to my lvl 14 shaman, with an occassional yellow.
A satisfied customer speaks (LOL)
I'm a L14 dwarf skald - just killed Birk at 5am - revenge for him killing me at 1am :p
I spent 3 days around the lake area - killing hobyahs on the island by night and vendos on the east lakeshore by day - and never saw Birk. Came back another night (after a few days questing) and he spawned for me. Here's my observations:
- Hobyahs spawn after 7pm and despawn at 6am exactly.
- No more than 4 hobyahs spawned at the same time.
- Spawn points varied: usually up to 4 hobyahs spawned at the south end of the island, often in the water.
- Hobyahs rarely spawned north of the obelisk, so the northern end is a good place to pull and kill them.
- Spawn/respawn times are random and can be slow. Sometimes I'd kill all 4, one after the other (incl. rest time between), and wait... then 4 would spawn simultaneously.
- These hobyahs con yellow/blue to a level 14, so generally a level higher than Racszel's hobyahs by Fort Veldon - make sure you can comfortably kill those before you come to the island.
Birk spawned for me just after 1am next to the Obelisk (east side of it). He conned yellow at L14. 4 other hobyahs were spawned so he doesn't have a placeholder. Birk started moving north immediately after he spawned - which was unfortunate because I was already fighting one of his yellow con friends at the north end. Of course mezz failed /sigh, but when I got back from my bind (Audliten - gah) at around 4am the other 4 hobs were still up, but Birk had gone.
I remembered hearing someone say they'd killed Birk near the road once, so I swam northwest to the shore. I was intending to circle the island, but it was 5am by now so I was running out of time. Luckily I saw Birk as soon as I left the water - he was standing still at the base of the zone-edge mountains (around loc 4400, 9500). Because it was close to the 6am despawn I immediately attacked and killed him. He was fairly easy on his own - same difficulty as the yellow con hobyahs. He dropped the sleeves - 28AF studded, 9str, 6hp, 5% bonus, 100% quality.
Hope this info proves helpful to someone :)