Orcs with Spellbooks
DISCLAIMER: Your Steps and Tasks may be different
This quest is a follow up to "Evening the Odds" You *MUST* have good lammia faction, and have completed that quest to do "Orcs and Spellbooks. Speak with Veena on the southeast cornet of Inishail Island, at loc 50000,49000
6) The first thing you need to kill is an orc soothsayer. These are blue-orange to 50. Travel north-west through (or around) the lake. Once you hit the opposite shore veer slightly left towards the buildings in the
distance (loc=12800,18800). This is the orc camp, remember it well. Kill enough soothsayers until you get the avalonian tome in your backpack.
7) Return to the Veena at 50k, 49k
8) Now you have to go kill a buzzing nuisance. They are just east of where you killed the orc soothsayer (Loc=25400, 14000) . Yellow-orange con to 50. Keep killing them until you get the stinger you need.
9) Return to the Veena at 50k, 49k
10) Now you have to kill the big bad boss, Chieftain Toca. He is in the large building near where you killed the orc soothsayer, surrounded by a number of helpers. You will need a good group to do this. Clear the adds first, but don't touch the soothsayers near the boss until you are ready to fight him. This is a casting boss, he has all sorts of terrible AE spells that will kill your group if you don't engage him in melee right away.
(another submitted note on the Chieftan: Chieftan is hard, may need a full group. He has a nasty ae poison DoT spell. He is in biggest central hut in village, and surrounded by bodyguards. Recommend pulling mobs around the hut entrance, then pulling the one just inside the entrance, then pull ones around him. When he begins to cast ae DoT, get a tank on him to interrupt him, while others kill adds, then get on chief. I am unsure if it is insta cast ae DoT, if it is, then just all kill adds first, then get back on chief. Need good healers to deal with DoT and healing tanks.)
After you kill him, return to Veena at 50k 49k and get your reward.
1.1 billion XP
Venerable Faeldek Mail Hauberk -- Minstrel, Mercenary
Venerable Faeldek Breastplate -- Paladin
Venerable Faeldek Leather Jerkin -- Infiltrator
Robe of the Zephyr -- Wizard and Necromancer
Venerable Faeldek Battle Robe -- Friar
Venerable Faeldek Studded Vest -- Scout
Venerable Faeldek Chain Shirt -- Cleric