Seek the Moonstone
DISCLAIMER: Your Steps and Tasks may be different
Characters that were created after Patch Version 1.79 do not receive this Epic quest.
Per patch 1.70:
- Seek the Moonstone - The area around Macnol's tower has been named the Ruined Tower of Tir na mBeo to help players locate the correct place.
1. Speak to your trainer in Tir na Nog. He/she will tell you to speak to
Fagan in Mag Mell.
2. Speak to Fagan in Mag Mell and get the quest. He gives you a ring and
tells you to talk to Macnol in the ruined tower of Tir na mBeo.
3. Go to Ardee and take the horse route to East Lough Derg. Head north
towards the grove of trees. There will be many Dergans. Macnol spawns inside
the tower, loc: 59280, 13895. The towers entrance is on the north side and he is surrounded by several guards. Do not kill any of the Dergans or you will take a faction hit and Macnol will not talk to you. Be sure to be wearing Fagan’s ring.
4. If the Dergan are already aggressive to you, head south to find Curmudgeons. The best place to hunt is the Curmudgeon campsite southeast of the Parthanan Farm. Keep hunting Curmudgeon until you are neutral to the Dergan. It may take many kills. I believe killing the Curm leader, Hughar, in the campsite will move your faction significantly. This is unproven but
the Dergan were neutral to me right after killing him.
5. Talk to Macnol. He’ll ask you to go kill Nock, a named Sheevra.
6. From the parthanian farm, head further south. Eventually you will come to a single stone hut with a cart close by. In this camp you see normal Sheevra
Fighters and Archers. Nock spawns inside the hut (loc=54441,924). Kill him and get his head. Sheevra are also Siabra so don’t kill any of them. Just pull out Nock and kill him.(has been seen on the dergen island at loc 40776, 54122)
7. Back to Macnol. If the Dergan are aggressive to you again, go back and
kill Curms until they aren’t. Wear your ring.
8. Give the head to Macnol. He will thank you and then attack you so be
ready. His guards will defend him so either come with a group or be ready to
9. Go back to Mag Mell and talk to Fagan, then give him the signet ring. You will get the ring back, and two more quest paths will open up.
Journal says you should talk to the Old or the Crone. Neither are named but
the Old is Merle the Old and the Crone is Maeve the Crone. Merle is behind
Howth on a hill and that quest is Merle's Informant. You must complete
Merle’s Informant before talking to Maeve. Maeve the Crone is between Ardee
and the mudman spot in a hut. Maeve will respond, but if you’re less than
level 20 at this point, she’ll ask you to return when you are stronger.
Official hint (from Camelot Herald):