1. Description. No purchase is necessary to enter. All times mentioned hereafter are Eastern Time U.S. The 2011 ZAM Pumpkin Carving Contest will begin at 6:00 pm on 10 October, 2011 and continue until the Grand Prize is determined via staff judging on 31 October, 2011. The Contest is being sponsored by The ZAM Network (Sponsor).
2. How to Enter. To enter, contestants must submit two high quality images of a pumpkin carved with a Final Fantasy XI related theme (see "How to Enter"). The pumpkin must be carved by the contestant. The cutoff for entries is 6 PM EST on 29 October, 2011. One entry per person. Entries must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Disqualifications. The ZAM Network reserves the right to disqualify anyone from the contest for any reason at their sole discretion. While we will make every effort to be fair, we are the final arbiters of what is the appropriate quality level and who should be removed from the contest. Deleted entries do not qualify as a contest entry.
4. Eligibility. The contest is open to all participants around the world. Anyone who is or has been, within the last 6 months, an Employee or consultant of Allakhazam.com, The ZAM Network or any affiliated sites is not eligible to win. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to win.
5. Winner Selection. Staff members of Final Fantasy XI team at The ZAM Network will choose 25 finalists from approved entries received. Of the finalists, winners will be determined via staff judging. The ZAM Network reserves the right to strike questionable votes. Account sign-up is free.
6. Winner Notification. When the poll ends, notification will be posted on the front page of http://ffxi.allakhazam.com and http://www.zam.com using the contestant's character name and server. Winners will also be notified via e-mail at the address provided with the entry. Contestants have 72 hours from the notification to respond with a name and address where the prize can be sent. Responses should be sent to email@example.com. If the winner fails to respond in the time allotted, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the entry with the next highest amount of votes.
7. Prizes. The Grand Prize winner will receive a Shadow Lord Statue and three months premium ZAM membership. The First Prize winner will receive a FINAL FANTASY XI Original Soundtrack -PLUS- album, the Second Prize winner will receive a FINAL FANTASY XI Mascot Strap. Both First and Second prize winners will also win one month of a premium membership at The ZAM Network. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes.
8. Odds of Winning. The odds of becoming a finalist depends upon the entries received and the odds of winning will be 1/25, depending on the opinion of the staff judges.
9. Conditions of Participation/Release. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and the Contest Administrator, which shall be final in all respects. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All posts, comments, edits and other materials added to Sponsor's website as a result of this contest become the sole property of the sponsor and entrants authorize sponsor to use said content in whatever manner it wishes. By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize that they may win, entrants agree to release the Sponsors, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsors disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors' control, corrupt the administration, security or proper participation of the Contest. Sponsors may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair participation with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within California and you hereby submit to jurisdiction in California. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. Sponsor. The ZAM Network. 1858 Sawtelle Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90025.